Is Abbott, the best and most successful LOTO ever?
I felt compelled to write this post after the response (from a troll) to a comment I made on CW.
The claim first surfaced in the MSM a while back, and those mindless LNP supporters have adopted it as an absolute truth 😯 which is a bit odd considering I have never come across one of said mindless LNP supporters that can explain how and why Tony Abbott will make a better PM than Julia Gillard.
Now maybe it’s just me, but I would have thought that if you believed that someone was the best and most successful LOTO ever, you would be able to formulate a sound and reasoned argument as to why that LOTO would transform into, at least, a half decent PM.
So, in the interests of fair play, and as a magnanimous gesture to trolls everywhere, I thought I would put together a reference piece to help them out of their dilemma.
The key words in LOTO are Leader and Opposition so let’s start with, is Abbott the best leader ?
Abbott is the best leader because….
- Oh…. don’t tell me…. “crickets” I know…. Doh “more crickets” Righty oh then! 😳
Abbott is the best at opposition because….
- Ooh Ooh I got this one; cos he opposes everything! 😀
- No-one says NO! more than Tony Abbott. 😆
- ….. “crickets” ….. Doh …. “more crickets” …. Righty oh then 🙄
OK, that didn’t work out as well as I’d hoped, 😦 so maybe We should look at this from a different angle:
What IS Tony Abbott the best at?
- Running away from the hard questions; well a good leader knows when to retreat from a battle he can’t win! 😀
- Brain farts; he’s got a million of em 🙄
- Lies and spin; he’s definitely the best MISleader 😯
- Spending Taxpayers money; the most expensive LOTO ever! 😦
- Volunteering… for photo ops! 😉
- I was going to say that he’s best at political dummy spits, and he’s certainly given us the longest one, but the title for best goes to Chrissy Pyne, so OK, we got five. 😀
So let’s look at “successful” then!
Abbott is the most successful leader because….
- He’s still there, despite his personal popularity hovering somewhere between Jack the Ripper and Pol Pot for most of his time as LOTO. 🙄
- He’s redefined leadership by making an art form out of leading from…. behind 😯
- He’s taken the bold step of moving from…. Budgies to boardies; Hooray 😀
- He’s definitely a leader in obfuscation. 😯
- His team support him mindlessly, and without question; although they do everything mindlessly and without question! 😛
- His economic and political ideologies will lead us back to the 1980s. 🙄
Now we’re getting somewhere 😀
Abbott is the most successful at opposition because….
- Again, he opposes everything, including, as it turned out, much of his own policies when the ALP offered to compromise and include them! 😯
- His opposition has the record for making the most calls for the “Suspension of Standing Orders”, in…. well…. ever! 🙄
- He was able to negotiate with the independents to become opposition leader instead of PM. 😛
- He has run for two years on nothing in the way of decent policy, only promises to dismantle everything that the government has done. 😎
- He has managed to get through one whole parliamentary term without achieving any amendments, thereby keeping his record of opposing everything intact 😯
- He even opposed Craig Thomson’s vote, by running from parliament 😀
So, it appears that the best reasons for voting for Tony abbott to be PM are:
- He’s not Julia Gillard…. 😯
- He’s not a member of the ALP…. 😉
- He’s a real man…. allegedly. 😆
- If he’s no good we’ll just get rid of him. 🙄
So is Abbott the best and most successful LOTO ever?
Well I suppose it depends on your definitions of Best and Successful, but after this forensic ( 😆 ) investigation, the only conclusion that I can come to is that I now understand why, when asked to give reasons for supporting Abbott as PM they’ve got NOTHIN’, and IMHO, the answer to the question is a resounding NO!
What do you think?