Abbott and Milne… When Blue and green will never be seen!
As a politician and party leader, Christine Milne makes a good ex-teacher!
Now, in the interest of full disclosure I have to say that IMHO The Greens, since the departure of Bob Brown, have become more and more politically irrelevant.
They have taken a “Head in the Sand” approach to most areas of public policy, maintaining an ideological standpoint, to the detriment of their own credibility and, I believe, relegating themselves to an endangered political species status, and rightly so.
Why, you may ask, am I broaching this subject?
Well, after the budget was released, one of the first interviews that I saw, after the MSM had partially exhausted the usual suspects, was Christine Milne rubbishing the ALP for some of their budget measures, and calling on Tony Abbott to reinstate funding for environmental programs… WTF?
- “Has she not been listening to the rhetoric coming out of the LNP?”
- “Has she not heard about their ‘Direct Action Plan’?”
- “Was she not listening when Abbott mentioned, once or twice, that he would repeal the carbon price?”
- “Why would Tony Abbott put any money into something that he plainly doesn’t believe in, when he won’t even spend money on such luxuries as schools?”
These are only a few of the clues that most would have recognised as indicators of the LNPs intent when it comes to expenditure, or lack thereof, as well as support for AGW and as a consequence renewables, which was the main thrust of her appeal to the right wing nut job!
Then after Abbott’s, so called, budget reply speech, she declared that Abbott was even
worse than Gillard, and we should all vote Greens to thwart the LNP in the Senate.
Which prompted another round of… WTF?
Followed by more questions like;
- “Was she not listening when Abbott said that he would call a double dissolution if he was not allowed to do what he wants?”
- “Is she so deluded that she thinks that she will get a better response and be taken more seriously by Abbott than Gillard has?”
- “Can she really be that politically naive?”
The only conclusion that I could come to is that she is suffering from delusions of grandeur, believing that somehow Abbott will be in awe of her extreme left wing ideologies, and will buckle under the indisputable logic of her arguments and feminine wiles! WTF?
So my advice to Christine Milne, for what it’s worth, is;
If you really think that you have some hope of concession from the LNP who are as far right as you are left, then you are every bit as delusional as Abbott and his LNP, and in need of serious professional help.
Wake up and come into the world of political reality, and stop shitting on the only major party that will give you a fair hearing, be prepared to compromise on some policy issues and has a belief in CC.
You have acknowledged that Abbott is worse than Gillard, which is the understatement of the century, but you have to realise that your only hope of any long term political relevance is to show an ability to compromise on your ideologies for the greater good, and support the ALP as much as possible, as they are the only ones that will try to work with you.
Make no mistake, Abbott and Milne… When Blue and Green will never be seen!