Tony… Stop the LIES, and Stop the RORTS!
After watching M Turdball on QandA on Monday night, defending the indefensible, (The LNP Fraudband plan), I thought WTF? This is the man that many want to lead the LNP instead of Abbott, and the question is, WHY?
He has proved time and again that principles and personal beliefs can be dropped or put aside for the sake of towing the party line. He will do or say anything, and has on many policy issues, to win at any cost, which IMHO makes him no better than Abbott.
Now we know that Abbott is a liar, for a number of reasons, including the fact that he has said as much himself, in his declaration that if it isn’t a scripted statement, then it is not necessarily to be taken as Gospel. But there are also clear examples of his being “Loose” with the truth.
- Carbon “Tax” lie, credited to Julia Gillard, but actually one of his.
- Worst Government ever, when it is far from that, and many would argue that Howard’s Government would win that accolade, and certainly the most profligate Government.
- Illegitimate Government, when in reality it was perfectly legitimate, and arguably one of the most successful and reformist Governments.
- Minority Government is a failed experiment, that passed around 590 pieces of legislation, many of which, it was said, could never be done, when the truth is that the only thing in this Government that failed was Abbott and his opposition.
Of course these are but a small sample of the lies and and deceptions that Abbott has been responsible for.
We know that nothing is off limits when it comes to Abbott fulfilling his “Destiny”, as foretold by his mum, including;
- Destroying the careers and lives of both friend and foe alike.
- Spending his entire tenure as LOTO spinning lies, deceit and slogans, instead of doing the job that we the taxpayers are paying him well to do.
- No serious policy development work, preferring to develop slogans designed to deceive and brainwash.
The only positive thing to come out of this parliamentary term, as far as the LNP are concerned, is that they have been well and truly exposed for the lying, dishonourably, self absorbed, win at any cost bunch of spoilt little rich kids, that many of us already knew they were.
And now as the light of scrutiny is starting to shine on Abbott, we are also seeing how deep the hypocrisy goes.
One of hie first slogans was “Stop the waste!” … WTF?
Since that slogan first dribbled out of his mendacious pie hole, we have seen Tones become the most expensive LOTO ever, claiming more for expenses than the PM that he constantly denigrated as incompetent and dishonest.
And this brings us to the “Rorts”.
Margo Kingston wrote an exposé recently on over $9,000 that Abbott had to pay back after claiming expenses for his “battle lines” promotion tour.
Now even though this happened 2 years ago, when questioned about it in the last few days, he firstly denied it happened, then said that it had been dealt with, then blamed the ALP and Kevin Rudd in particular for digging up dirt, then told the persistent female reporter to “Calm Down” refusing to answer any more questions about it, before walking off.
The problems for Abbott are;
- To deny it happened, was a blatant lie.
- He then followed that up by blaming staff for the “Mistake”.
- To say that it had been dealt with was true in as far as he, unlike Peter Slipper, had been able to pay it back, but the questions resulting from it haven’t.
- To claim that Kevin Rudd and the ALP were behind the “smear campaign” was blatantly untrue, as it was Margo Kingston that broke the story and it was a female from the Guardian that was asking the questions and was told to clam down.
- Slipper is facing court over $900, while Abbott was able to pay back$9400 (over 10 times what Slipper is charged over) with no questions asked.
Now it has also come to light that the taxpayers of this fine country are also funding Abbott’s self promotion through;
- His “Pollie Pedal” Charity ride.
- Numerous fun runs.
- Surf life saving events, like swims and bike rides.
- The recent bushfire photo op, when he drove one of his local brigade trucks to fires on the south coast, to be seen as “Action Man Abbott” .
- Various volunteering sojourns.
The claims for these activities include thousands of dollars for air travel, and travel allowance.
So the question we should all be asking ourselves is; “Have we got good value out of the money spent on Tony Abbott and His LNP opposition?
IMHO any objective assessment of Abbott’s performance would have to answer that question with a resounding NO!
So Tony, your slogan of “Stop the waste” will probably be the only slogan that you have a chance of fulfilling, either by being dumped after you lose the election, or by taking a proactive role, and stopping your own wasteful spending.
But the best thing you can do for yourself and your country is;
Tony… Stop the LIES, and Stop the RORTS
- Don’t tell me this isn’t newsworthy! (cafewhispers.wordpress.com)
- Tony Abbott blames Labor dirt campaign for questions over expenses (abc.net.au)