Tony (Facts?… What facts) Abbott.
I have come to the conclusion that the rabid right have not developed much in the way of policy, because they’ve spent too much time writing their own dictionary.
For instance according to the LNP;
- A “Liar”, is not necessarily someone that tells an untruth, but rather someone that they can portray as telling untruths regardless of “The Truth”.
- “Truth” is something that is open to Their interpretation, and doesn’t have to have any any basis in fact.
- “Fact” is something that can be made up to verify spurious claims made without any connection to reality.
- “Failed” describes something that can be lauded by the rest of the world as successful.
- “Successful” relates to something that all credible experts and history condemns as failed.
- “Expert” is someone who’s opinion should be comprehensively ignored.
- “Diplomat” is someone who doesn’t really know what their government’s policies are, and are not to be believed.
- “Future” actually means “Past.”
- “Friend” means “Foe.”
- “Battler” refers to someone who is battling to turn “Millions” into “Billions.”
- “Welfare” is for those that “Don’t” really need it.
- “Public Service” means “Self Service.”
And the list goes on 😯
So when I saw the start of the latest round of LNP advertisements, quoting “Facts” about Rudd’s first term as PM, my first reaction was to yell expletives at the tele.
Then I saw the ads telling me what a great, honest, positive and benevolent man Tones is, and of course I reverted to the old tried and true… WTF!
Now it almost disproves my old statements that “The rabid right don’t have a sense of humour, only a sense of rumour!” But of course we all know that they DON’T have a sense of humour, so the only possible conclusions are;
- That they have been telling lies for so long, that they actually believe what they are saying/advertising? 😦
- That they don’t actually believe a word of it, but they expect us to? 😯
Now the way they flip flop around, and mislead on such things as;
- Core and non core promise.
- Carbon tax/price.
- Interest rates
- The economy
I am seriously leaning to the latter option. 😯
It is becoming more and more evident that the LNP, and Tones in particular are rattled.
They have been claiming for years that they are always better at handling the economy, and yet when given not only the opportunity but are challenged to debate the economy, Tones is proven to be gutless.
He says “Recall parliament and I’ll debate him (Rudd) there!” except that he has Not debated the economy or any other policy areas in the last three years, but he does hold the record for the most number of calls for the suspension of standing orders.
So why won’t he debate what he openly declares as the LNP’s strength?
Well there are definite clues in their claims about the economy.
Like for instance, the stated “Fact” that interest rates will always be lower under a
coalition government… Really? But now that the interest rates are at record lows, according to Joe (Eleventy) Hockey it’s a sign that the economy is in trouble. 🙄
Like the stated “Fact” that you can only claim to know how to run an economy, when you achieve a surplus… Really? Then the rating agencies obviously don’t know what they are talking about, as the AAA rating was awarded despite the fact that we were in deficit, and was reinforced recently, again despite being in deficit.
Like the “Fact” the Carbon “tax” was going to be a wrecking ball through the economy, then a Cobra strike, then a Python squeeze… Really? Then how does that fit with the fact that our economy is the envy of the developed world, and many countries are following our lead to reduce carbon emissions?
I could go on, but I think you get my drift.
So here are a few questions for our illustrious MSM to ask when Tones starts making statements like “We’ll get the economy growing again.”
Q: As the economy has been growing for the last 21 years, do you intend to stop it growing so that you can start it again, and can we assume that, like Newman in QLD, you will be able to do that within the first six months of an Abbott government?
“We’ll stop the waste!”
Q: As this government has dropped spending to lower levels than that of the Howard government, and as you are the most expensive LOTO that we have ever had, will you stop claiming expenses for your charity rides, surf lifesaving events and volunteer work?
“We’ll cut the “Carbon Tax” to ease the burden on business and the family budget.”
Q: Why then do you intend to impose a tax on big business to finance your PPL scheme which will invariably be passed on through higher prices to those that can least afford it when by far the biggest beneficiaries of the PPL scheme will be those that don’t need it?
So Tony, instead of wasting money on adverts telling voters lies about the BER, the HIP and the myriad of other spurious claims, you should take a good long, hard look at yourself, get some balls and start doing what you have been well paid for, for the last three + years.
Give us policies, details and costings, and stop trying to win by default.
Cos the thing that you just don’t get is that in your efforts to stop people listening to, and believing, Julia Gillard, you also became a victim of your own propaganda. 😯 And the difference now is that Rudd is popular, and you are not.
You offer nothing but embarrassment, for Australia.
We don’t want a government built on spin, lies and slogans, and we don’t want our representative on the world stage called;
“Tony (facts?…what facts) Abbott!