Tony Abbott, is the LNP’s gaffer!
As the second week of the election gets under way, Abbott shows himself to be the LNP’s “Gaffer” but not in the traditional meaning of the word (Boss or Leader), but rather the one who makes “Gaffes” .
Now most have seen the photo of “Tones” Kissing the back of a woman’s head (Creepy), and heard of the “Suppository of Wisdom” gaffe, which inspired many including yours truly, to produce some fun responses.
But since that one, he has added to the list with;
- The “Sex appeal” Gaffe, referring to those Right wing pinups, Jackie Kelly and Fiona Scott? 😯
- Referring to same sex marriage as “Fashion of the moment”.
And there is one more, which is my personal favourite, which I will cover shortly.
Firstly, I have to say (In the interests of full disclosure) that I personally find no sex appeal in anyone who spends their life, talking lies, spin, slogans and complete and utter crap, including telling us what a great bloke Tony Abbott is, and how they (The LNP women) “get” him. But that’s just me! 😀
Having said that, and discounting my own definition of “Sex Appeal” (Which certainly doesn’t include either of these women), Abbott excusing this gaffe as “A daggy dad moment.” is casting aspersions on daggy dads, and in IMHO, people with real sex appeal everywhere, and he should be immediately gaoled, for those contemptuous slurs.
How dare he? 😯
Of course there is also the issue of inferring that a woman’s sex appeal is a part of her suitability for a job, which could be seen as sexual harassment, although in Abbott’s case it’s more of an indication that he is;
- A dirty old man?
- A male chauvinist?
- A sexist?
- A dickhead?
- All of the above
Now when it comes to same sex marriage, whether you are for or against it, the inference that it is some sort of “fashion of the moment” adds nothing to the debate, and shows, once again, that Abbott’s head is full of nothing but silly slogans.
But my personal favourite, which has not even been recognised as a “Gaffe”, is the decision that he declared on Wednesday, that he would not make deals with any of the “minor” parties.
Now I may be wrong here, but the last time I looked, and for as far back as I can recall including every election that I have witnessed in this country, with the recent exception of QLD, the LNP represents a “Liberal, National Party” coalition.
Now a coalition tends to imply that a “Major” party and a “Minor” party join forces (add their numbers together), to form a government, when neither would be able to govern in their own right!
The Nationals “ARE” a minor party!
So does this mean that;
- The Libs and Nats have merged as in QLD, and not told us?
- The Libs are hoping to get the numbers to form government alone, and not told the Nats?
- This is just another brain fart designed to fool the voting public?
- This is the first of many broken promises by Abbott, even though the election has not yet been held?
With Abbott, there are two things that you can bank on in this election campaign, and they are;
- There will be more “Gaffes” made. 😯
- He will make many promises and commitments that he will simply walk away from, if we are stupid enough to make him PM. 😦
Tony Abbott is the LNP’s gaffer!
- Abbott admits ‘daggy dad moment’ (smh.com.au)
- Tony Abbott says push to legalise same-sex marriage is ‘fashion of the moment’ (abc.net.au)