Like most of the voting public, I will be so glad to see an end to the (and I use the term loosely) campaign! (It is more correctly called a “Propaganda Extravaganza!”)
My wife commented that I will soon start to suffer from high blood pressure, if I’m not already.
She made this observation, as the expletives flew, once more, toward that purveyor of lies and misinformation… The TV.
Even the ABC, infected by the Murdoch pox, quotes the “News” poll as the all seeing oracle, despite the revelation from Clive Palmer that he, during his tenure at, and as a representative of, the LNP, personally donated to certain pollsters to get the numbers that they wanted and paid for. WTF?
Now one would rightly assume that a revelation like that would be jumped on with vigour by any self respecting journalists, but obviously there aren’t any of those left, as the only thing that we have heard is… crickets. 😯
This is a terrible indictment on the news media of this country, but this is not the worst example of our investigative journalists gone MIA.
When the Ashbygate saga first came to light, news media were running around like headless chooks reporting every rumour and innuendo; accusing and declaring guilt across over 30 front pages of our illustrious tabloid press.
Yet when Justice Rares kicked the case out, on the grounds that it was an abuse of process, designed primarily to benefit Mal Brough and the LNP, with a clear intent to bring down a duly elected government; again… Crickets! WTF?
So, it’s really not hard to disappear into the shady world of conspiracy theorists, with even a cursory glance at the bias displayed by the MSM. Then you remember that it’s not only the MSM, but the absolute worst of human behaviour in the form of an unprincipled and totally despicable carbuncle on the arse of humanity called the LNP.
But even worse than that is the fact that these reprehensible characters lied cheated and manipulated their way into a position where they could end up being our representatives on the world stage.
Now call me overly sensitive, but I really baulk at the idea of being represented by a morally bankrupt political party that think nothing of lying, with a view to character assassination of our country’s first female PM (who was actually doing a bloody good job in extreme circumstances) , lying, stealing and colluding with unsavoury people for the express purpose of character assassination, with the intent of destroying the life and career, of one of their own… WTF?
And instead of these people being reviled by a disgusted and offended voting public, we are told:
- That more people trust Abbott to run the economy… WTF?
- That more people trust Abbott to stop the boats… WTF?
- That people believe that he (Abbott) will stop the waste… W..T..F..?
- That they can be trusted to, and will, release all their policies, costings and bottom line “WELL” before the election… WTF?
- That there will be no surprises under a coalition… WTF?
- That he (Abbott) will have a mandate to repeal the carbon price, and the ALP will be committing suicide twice if they block it… WTF?
Well, WTF are these totally misguided beliefs based on?
- The only thing that this belief can be based on is Abbott’s self praise, as when the facts are laid bare, as in Alan Austin’s latest fine article “We really must talk about the Howard and Costello economic disaster.” there is no doubt that Abbott is either lying, or sadly deluded. 😯
- Serious questions hang over a policy (slogan) that states that “We are the only ones with the will to stop the boats.”, when a core plank of their policy is to buy leaky fishing boats… WTF? And they have an extensive plan for extending the capacity of camps for assessing those that don’t come, as they have stopped the boats?… WTF?
- For a Minister in the most profligate government in our history, and one who has out-spent the previous PM in his expenses, to the tune of $$$$$… WTF?
- With the advertising blackout looming, we are still waiting… WTF?
- Oh… so a mandate is only binding if it’s an LNP mandate, cos I seem to recall that the ALP had a mandate to introduce an ETS which was agreed between Rudd and Turnbull, which not only did Abbott totally ignore, but he actually stabbed Turnbull in the back so that he could renege on the deal… WTF?
So we have the Murdoch pox infecting almost every area of our lives with their totally biased tabloids dictating opinion as news to the rest of the media, which in turn laps it up as if it is the very life blood of their existence, to the great detriment of their code of ethics, truth and our democracy.
We also have Abbott and the mendacious LNP telling every conceivable lie and misrepresentation, in their efforts to win at any cost. 😯
There are sadly gullible people, right across the nation, who are prepared to vote against their own, and the nations, best interest, on the say so of these blatant liars.
And in general the future of this great nation looks far from secure.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; “Self praise is NO recommendation!”
And the over-riding question is: