To leakers and whiteanters… STFU!
Please feel free to vote in the poll at the bottom of this article. 😀
I was listening to Wayne Swann, talking about Labor, and what they need to do now, and
He said that he had no leadership aspirations, and was happy to spend his time on the back bench, where he could focus on his electorate, and leave the leadership to others.
He also said that there was new talent coming through, and it was time that they had a go.
But the most pertinent thing that he said was that they need to stop the public discourse, and start having their discussions and disagreements behind closed doors!
Now there is much speculation about who might take over the reins of the ALP, and much to my surprise, many in the MSM are putting forward Bill Shorten as the most likely, with Albo as another possible.
I have to say that I was a tad taken aback by the support for Shorten in the MSM, when considering the Rudd/Gillard baggage that he carries, and although he has been spoken about for some time as leadership material, I would have thought that his involvement in the original Rudd dumping, followed by his backflip and subsequent involvement in the Gillard dumping would have ruled him out of contention for at least two terms?
So why are some in the MSM pushing for him as their preferred choice? Mmmmm?
I think I was given some clues, whilst watching the ABC and the post election coverage on Monday morning. One of the first things that was said by a number of political reporters was that speculation about the leadership and issues within the ALP will go on for months!
IMHO, the MSM will continue to destabilise the ALP for as long as possible, and so I would argue that , as with their support for change of leadership from Gillard to Rudd, and then their attacking of Rudd when they got what they wanted; throwing their support behind Shorten is more about giving them more ammunition to attack Labor with, than what is in the ALP’s best interest. 😯
We know that with the MSM, ulterior motives abound, and none of those said ulterior motives have the best interests of the ALP at heart, (Talk about gross understatement 😯 ) , so I think that we can, with all confidence, pass over any suggestions from the MSM about whom they think should be the leader of the ALP. 😀
- Albo has proven himself to be a good performer in parliament, and a man of principles who is, IMHO, first and foremost, a Labor man who faithfully and loyally served both Rudd and Gillard.
- My understanding is that he is well respected across the ALP, and has the best chance of uniting the different factions, and make no mistake, the factionalism in the ALP needs to be dealt with once and for all going forward, if the ALP is to rebuild, regroup and be successful.
- He has a vast amount of experience, and as much as they need new blood, his experience will be invaluable in this period of rebuilding and transition to a more inclusive party that moves back towards traditional Labor values.
- Tanya Plibersek, brings a good combination of youth and experience, as well as a wealth of talent, and both have displayed the kind of guts required to take on the rabid right.
I am not saying that they are the only contenders, but IMHO, they are the best option for the leadership team at this time. 😀
The ALP need to also lay down some ground rules ASAP, and they should include;
- Severe penalties for leaking and whiteanting.
- All disputes should be dealt with in-house.
- Discipline MUST be demanded and enforced.
- Loyalty to the party and the chosen leader MUST be demanded, and unconditional.
- All business must be conducted in caucus, behind locked doors, and no mobile phones allowed.
- With Murdoch’s control of the media, and his undisguised desire to take down the ALP, talking to journalists should be strictly controlled, until such time as they can be trusted to report in a fair and balanced way, and leaking to journalists, or the LNP should be a sackable offence.
And the most important dictate of all, that should go out to members everywhere NOW,
To leakers and whiteanters… STFU!
What do you think about who should lead Labor and how they should rebuild from here?