Born to rule, or born a tool?
Not only has the rot set in, but it has started eating away at the very fabric of our democracy.
It started with the election of a government (and I use the term very loosely), that achieved their win on the back of the biggest propaganda campaign ever waged in this country’s history, based on a platform of lies, spin and slogans, and supported by the most corrupt bunch of media and corporate moguls ever assembled.
Self interest won the day, and the truth is that the poorest and most vulnerable will be the ones that ultimately pay for the excesses of the mega wealthy, along with workers, families and future generations.
Now most of the politically aware, knew that Abbott and his LNP should not be allowed to run a chook raffle. We know that they are liars, cheats and crooks, and we have been talking about their lies, arrogant stupidity and expenses rorts for the last year or more.
But who knew that they would realise our greatest fears, before parliament even had a chance to sit 😯
We are now confronted with the prospect of the worst government ever; a government who before the election promised to, in no particular order;
- Stop the waste; and since the election the LNP have been front and centre in the rorts scandal, proving that when it comes to waste, they are the experts. 😯
- Stop the boats; and then while they’ve been playing “Hello sailor”, Rudd’s PNG solution appears to have done the job. 🙄
- Reduce the debt; and the first major economic announcement is to increase the “credit card limit” (to use their own expression) by 67% to half a trillion dollars, and then give the Reserve Bank $8.8 Billion, while canvasing the prospect of introducing more stimulus?…WTF? 😯
- Improve relations within the region; by insulting and offending most of our neighbours. 😦
- Repeal the carbon “tax”; even though it’s already working to reduce emissions, and the rest of the world are now following suit, despite their assurances that that will never happen? 😉
- Still achieve their commitment to a 5% pollution reduction target, by introducing their “Direct action plan”; a plan that is largely unproven, and has been dismissed by all credible experts as certain to cost much more than they have allocated, with little to no chance of it meeting the target. (A target that they have effectively walked away from, by stating that they will not increase the allocation of funds, if it’s required to meet said target) 😯
- Repeal the MRRT, at the expense of pensioners, the low paid and small businesses, so that the miners can make mega profits by selling our minerals. 👿
- Spend billions on a PPL scheme, despite screaming “BUDGET EMERGENCY” for months.
- Fix the aforementioned budget emergency by that tried and true fiscal measure commonly known as… Steady as she goes? WTF?
They have also closed down or merged departments, and sacked experts and started a program of replacing dept heads and senior office holders with their own right wing nut-jobs and sympathisers.
Tony Abbott has also flagged the very real possibility of selling us out to corporate governance via “Free trade agreements” like the TPP.
We have all talked about how the LNP have a born to rule mentality, but with only 51 days gone of (god forbid) a 3 year term, the question that we should be asking about each individual member of Tony Abbott’s LNP cabinet is , are they;
Born to rule, or born a tool? I would argue for the latter 😯