RIP our Democracy?
With QLD in the grip of Newman’s mania (and I do mean MANIA) , with new fascist laws implemented by his “Conveyancing Solicitor” lapdog laughingly called the “Attorney General”, and other LNP states like Victoria, watching closely, is it any wonder that we are very likely to face unprecedented levels of civil unrest.
The Jackboot mentality of these governments is truly scary, and should be ringing many alarm bells for the future of our democracy.
First we saw Morrison demonising asylum seekers with inflammatory language, and using the military to engage in the biggest chest beating exercise, since little Johnny Howard, which is somewhat akin to calling for an EPA investigation because someone farted. 😯
Then we had Adolf Newman taking a similar approach to state law, and despite making savage cuts to the state health system, and other services, spending millions on cracking down on criminal bikie gangs.
Now some may think that this is a good thing, but when you consider that according to police on the gold coast, where this whole thing started, bikie gang crime constitutes less than 2% of the crimes committed, the question is WHY?
I have it on good authority that Newman displays many symptoms of mental problems, starting with, IMHO, a severe case of “Small Mans Syndrome”, as well as other psychotic behaviours. 😉
Having said that, if one takes a good hard look (or for that matter a cursory glance) at the bulk of this current crop of LNP members, one would have to conclude that to call them “Right Wing Nut-Jobs” , is a fairly apt description, and that “Nut-Jobbery” is in their DNA. 😯
But again, I digress 😯 .
The fact is that these ill considered and badly thought through laws, are going to have an impact on the freedoms we hold dear, and that many fought for, as in the case of the Vietnam Veteran, who labelled Newman “Adolf” at an interview, whilst explaining that his bike club has been harassed by police, and told that they should give the police notice when going for a ride… WTF?
He went on to explain that they would not be giving up the freedoms that they fought for, when putting their lives on the line for their/our country.
One of the great Ironies, IMHO, is that for a long time I’ve been saying that my own
electorate of Fisher would vote for “Vlad the Impaler”, if he was endorsed by the LNP, and now we have literally got VLAD endorsed by the LNP. WTF? 😯
So what is VLAD?
VLAD is an acronym for; Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act (“the VLAD Act”). An act that, even though we are told was enacted to deal with “Bikie violence”, makes no mention of bikies in the wording of the act. 👿
The reality is that this “VLAD” act, is every bit as evil as the orignal Vlad the impaler, stripping away the basic human rights of;
- Personal freedom
- Freedom of speech
- Freedom of association, that entrenches in law the notion of guilt by association, with mandatory gaol sentences of 15 – 25 years, so that the onus of proof is then on the individual, to prove that they are NOT a member of a criminal gang/club/group/association.
These are just the more obvious issues for anyone who associates with two or more friends, and the questions that we should all be asking ourselves is:
- In Australia, do we, as individuals, value our freedoms, as part of a strong democracy?
- Do we trust the likes of Newman and the LNP to be honest? Fair? Transparent in executing these draconian laws, when they have already treated us like fools by introducing them in the first place?
- As Australians, should we be prepared to fight to protect our freedoms, as our veterans were?
- Or are we so apathetic that we are prepared to stick our heads in the sand and whistle Dixie, while would be dictators (read Dickheads) play their self serving, political games at the expense of our basic freedoms?
- Are we prepared to say “RIP our Democracy?