That’s just democracy… stupid!
Well the promised “Adults” turned out to be somewhat less than promised, acting more like spoilt brats, with a firm grasp on their alternate universe, as opposed to the reality that the rest of us live in. 😯
The promised “open and transparent” government, turned out to be more akin to a half baked, despotic regime, run by a gang of 12 year old delinquents who will do anything to hide the fact that they have no idea WTF they’re doing. 😛
The “Tow back/Turn around and Boats buy back” signature planks of Abbott’s signature AS policy, have more holes, and are sinking faster than the leaky boats that they promised to stop. 😯
Which is a recurrent theme throughout the rest of the LNP cabinet, with;
- Abbott saying, that the relationship with Indonesia would be so much better under the LNP, right before he and the Julie (Medusa) Bishop, tried really hard to trash it. 🙄
- Morrison, playing Supreme Commander of his own private tax payer provided defence force, while spending inordinate amounts of time claiming credit for a success that isn’t his to claim, whilst trying to defend the indefensible; that being his deafening silence on any details pertaining to his portfolio. And in the true spirit of “Adult” and “No excuses” government, states that “It’s not in my folder” (Read ‘The dog ate my homework’), and I’m not telling… so there! 😛
- Bronny (Standards… What standards?) Bishop, making all the right noises about fairness and particularly respect for the rules, and for MP’s titles, the day before, then making her first ruling as newly elected speaker, to allow name calling in a blatant disregard for standing orders?
- Shrek (It’s not easy being green) Hunt as Environment Minister saying how he is committed to 5% greenhouse reductions, whilst ignoring the science and all the experts, who say that DA may not achieve their target (even with increased funding, which the LNP have already ruled out, and despite many now saying that 25%+ will be needed), and then to rub salt into an already open and festering wound, by ignoring the UN Climate Change Conference in Warsaw?
- The aforementioned Sloppy Joe, screaming blue bloody murder about Debt and deficit before the election, and then giving $8.8 Billion to the reserve bank, amongst other things, all the while asking to increase the debt ceiling by a mere 67% to half a Trillion?
Of course this is just a small sample of the gross hypocrisy thus far, but more than sufficient to emphasise the point, especially when one considers that they have now sat for two full days?
The strange thing is that over the last couple of weeks, I have heard numerous references to “Free and Fair” elections, in the MSM, and I find myself yelling… WTF? and other choice expletives at the TV, at the blatant hypocrisy of the media in this country.
For starters we now have:
- A government that was bought and paid for by a US citizen!
- A highly complicit Media that withheld the truth, or only presented one side of a discussion. They also, in many cases, misrepresented a story, or were deliberately misleading in their reporting of it, as well as fabricating evidence, and claiming “Unnamed Sources”, to further disguise or hide the truth from the public.
- A multi billionaire who spent a lot of his own money, to effectively buy a seat in parliament, and representation in the senate. (Just calling it as I see it. 😉 )
- A speaker of the house that not only ignores standing orders and protocols, when it suits, but she doesn’t even watch what is going on, so that when someone from the opposition stands on a point of order, they are left waiting until she notices or is told that they’re there.
- And if that is not enough reason to question our systems, there are questions now over the AEC, with nearly 1400 lost votes, as well as whole indigenous communities in WA not getting polling booths, not to mention other system failures.
But the ultimate frustration and irony in this whole democratic dilemma that we are now facing, is that; when the LNP are questioned about the government that was promised and not delivered, and the MSM carrying on as though they had no part in the deceptions that resulted in the election of this mendacious mob , we are laughingly informed by them that “The people have spoken”!
And in pointing their collective fingers at the very system that they have corrupted, they not only expose, once again, their utter contempt for us and our systems but also their gross hypocrisy as they effectively tell us;
- Nothing to see here.
- Nothing to worry about.
- The “Adults” are back in charge.
- Australia’s open for business.
- All is well with the world
- And besides… “That’s just democracy… stupid!