LNP hypocrisy knows no bounds!
With the excuses flying fast and furious, and the number of broken promises that- according to Abbott and the LNP- are not broken promises at all, but the exact opposite (Which is a blatant lie about broken promises…WTF?), and international relationships falling like ten pins at a bowlers convention, and asylum seekers being so sneaky as to use a very small vessel, in a very big ocean (Again… WTF?), one can only reflect that the only thing that this government truly excels at is hypocrisy. 😯
The fact that they lied to the people to gain government, and then promised “No Surprises”, should have been a pretty strong indicator that with this mob, anything goes, and with regards to hypocrisy the LNP have all bases covered, with:
- Abbott telling Australia that the country’s open for business, when companies are going off shore or shedding jobs, amongst other things.
- Abbott stating that, our relationship with Indonesia will be stronger than ever, as the Indonesians cease cooperation on just about all levels.
- Abbott saying before the election that they will NOT do deals with minor parties, then doing a deal with the “Economic fringe dwellers”, the much maligned (by them) Greens, to abolish the debt ceiling.
- Our car industry, threatening to shut up shop with the loss of tens of thousands of jobs.
- Hockey telling us that we have a debt emergency whilst spending like a ten year old who’s just been given a new credit card, and then arguing that he needs a higher limit, or else he’ll run out of money to spend.
- Chrissy Pyne telling anyone that will listen, that he’ll improve on Gonski, when he apparently hasn’t even read it, and promising to base his new funding model on Howard’s SES model which has already been proven to be an abject failure. WTF?
- Hunt claiming, against all the advice from experts in the fields of climate science and economics, that “Direct Action” will in fact work to reduce our emissions by 5%, whilst trying to scrap the one measure that most agree, actually works.
- Brandis using his portfolio of AG as a way to manipulate the law, to the LNP’s own ends, for the sake of helping their mates, and pursuing their political opponents, and rabid ideologies.
- Medusa Bishop, swanning around the world as foreign minister, and systematically giving every close relationship that we have, a black eye.
- Geriatric Bishop, boosting her retirement fund, whilst comprehensively trashing the democratic processes of our parliamentary system, despite her promises to the contrary.
- Morrison claiming credit for slowing the boats, despite key planks of his policy, either in tatters, or not legislated, all the while looking for, and using , every excuse to keep the people in the dark over his game of “Hello Sailor”, commonly known as Operation Sovereign Borders, proving that the “Crystal clear, transparent, adult government… Just isn’t. 😯
The list is far from exhaustive, but examples of their hypocrisy abound, and I’m sure that my fine commenters will add to it as they see fit 😀
For me, I did think that Abbott reached a new high, in low, when he gave away patrol boats to a government accused of crimes against humanity, for the express purpose of rounding up those that are trying to flee said crimes… WTF? 👿
Another of my faves was when he denied lying, and said it was our fault cos we misheard him, or we were just wishful thinking… WTF?
And for Abbott’s information, when it comes to wishful thinking about the LNP promises, it stretches no further than a big black hole opening up under their federal conference, and the whole damned lot falling in, along with Murdoch and the IPA, never to be seen or heard of again! 😯
But his one kept promise; that of “No Surprises”, still holds 😯 as just like before the election:
LNP hypocrisy knows no bounds!