The reality is that many people in Australia would have absolutely no idea who the frack Peta Credlin is, and I would venture to suggest that many more would be horrified to learn that this woman, who has never stood for election, is pretty much running the joint!
Now when you consider that the very first job that Brandis did as AG, was to get Credlin off a DUI charge, you can start to understand how much they need her there.
We saw a clear example prior to the election, with the IPA supplying policies to an opposition so thoroughly obsessed with making three word slogans, trashing reputations, scare mongering and misleading the public, that they just didn’t have the time to develop their own.
There was also the LNP media and promotions office outsourced to News LTD with Murdoch acting like Abbott’s very own PR manager, as lies, spin and smear became the norm throughout the MSM, with absolutely no regard for truth, integrity or for that matter… ethics!
And a more recent example being the immigration dept, where dealing with asylum seekers has been outsourced to the ADF so that they don’t have to answer questions about their policy failures, or as they like to call them “Operational or On water matters.”
- Should we be surprised by the fact that every right wing nut-job and corporate puppet master has an interest and a say in the government that Murdoch delivered, and Abbott provides?
- Should we be surprised that we have a government that has no idea WTF they’re doing?
- Should we be surprised that the LNP cannot explain, detail or cost their policies, when they played little or no part in their development?
- Should we be surprised by the lies and policy backflips?
- Should we be surprised by the multitude of broken promises?
- Should we be surprised that we now have the most dishonest, dysfunctional, secretive and self serving governments ever?
- Should we be surprised that the one pulling the strings and calling the shots, is the wife of Brian Loughnane, the Federal Director of the Liberal party, and yet another of the back room manipulators that has never stood for election?
No, we shouldn’t be surprised, but WE SHOULD BE OUTRAGED!
Peta Credlin is now Abbott’s permanent shadow orchestrating every move he makes, and telling him and the rest of the cabinet what they can and can’t say, and to use one of Abbott’s/Credlin’s favourite sayings, the things that are “Crystal Clear” are:
- That we currently have a government that was bought and paid for by Murdoch, and a few other corporate heavyweights who are now seeking to reap their pound of flesh.
- That we have a government that has spent so long practicing its opposition to everything, that it’s acting like it’s still in opposition even though it’s now in government.
- That this is not the government that we voted for or were promised.
- That it’s Loughnane through his wife Credlin that is calling the shots, or Credlin herself that is running the show. Either way, they are not elected representatives, and do not have the best interests of this country at heart, but rather those of the vested interests of their corporate mates and backers. 😯
And the one burning question that I, like I’m sure others, would like an answer to, is;
OK, hands up all those that voted for Peta Credlin?
- ‘Control freak’ Credlin pulls Coalition strings (theage.com.au)
- Who is Peta Credlin? (cafewhispers.wordpress.com)
- PM dismisses ‘obsessive’ Credlin slur (smh.com.au)
- Credlin critics told to ‘back off’ by Mathias Cormann (smh.com.au)