Would you like fries with that public utility?
So, we’re half way through January, and already we’ve seen the template set for Abbott’s loonies, with;
- Abbott still working on the principle (bad choice of words 😆 ) that if you tell a big lie often and loud enough, the people will eventually believe it.
- Abbott still saying that everything’s fine with the relationship with Indonesia while the Indonesians clearly believe otherwise.
- Bishop still practicing her “Verballing” skills and playing at foreign Minister, to the country’s detriment.
- $1 million set aside for the Abbott’s commission of audit, and $20 Million set aside for another enquiry into pink batts… WTF? (You don’t need to spend a lot of money on an audit with a predetermined outcome).
- Pyne trying to rewrite not only the curriculum, but also history.
- Hockey refusing support to small business, and setting the ground work for right wing slash and burn.
- Morrison now, not even pretending to tell us what’s going on, but just putting out a press release unless there is something of significance to tell, 😆 except that he’s already said that he won’t talk about “Operational or ‘On Water’ Matters?
We also have bi-elections coming up for both state and federal seats, and hopefully a new senate election in WA, which may well have serious implications for Abbott if, as the polls suggest, he loses three senate seats. 😀
As a QLDer, I will be watching with interest the Redcliff by-election, to see whether they reject the fascist Newman, or they should rename it Redneck Central? I sincerely hope it’s the former, to send the nut-jobs a clear message that one term is all they’ll get 😀
Griffith will also be one to watch, although I doubt there will be any change there. 😯
So what are the indicators pointing towards for 2014?
- More lies and spin and broken promises from the “Ruling Arses”.
- Economic and social suicide by a thousand (LNP) cuts.
- More “Jobs for the boys/girls.
- Higher debt and deficit levels.
- Higher unemployment numbers.
- Higher costs of living.
- Only negative action on climate change.
- A further eroding of our already newly damaged international reputation.
- A worsening of relationships with our neighbours.
- A selling out of our country to the multi nationals through FTA’s that include ISDS’s.
- More corruption of process.
- More corruption 😯
- More eroding of our civil liberties.
- More real waste, through nut-job ideology and false economy.
- A lesson in how to run an economy… into its very own version of the GFC.
- A selling off of public assets, to the point where the question asked by the “Rulling Arses”, is…
“Would you like fries with that public utility?”
BTW, as we approach 100,000 hits, I would like to once again express my appreciation to all those visitors, followers, commenters and friends who have chosen to join me on this meandering journey through the wilds of Australian politics.
The absolute madness that has been such a feature of the political and MSM discourse and landscape over the past twelve months (Since I started “Truth Seekers”), seems set to continue unabated into 2014 and possibly beyond 🙄 , but on the positive side they will undoubtedly provide more and more fodder for us to work with, which will in turn lead to their ultimate demise 😀
But I digress 😯
So the journey continues on into 2014, and by having a laugh, and sharing our opinions, facts and links we will continue to hope for and work towards the best outcome for our great country and its future, that of confining the LNP mob to the garbage bin of history, which they so richly (pardon the pun) deserve. 😯