The problem that I have with this call to “alms”, by Sloppy Joe, as he cries poor, is that he’s still telling lies about the economy, using his own dodgy formulas to claim that the other lies that they’ve told were justified, because “His” (Fudged) figures show clearly that their previous lies on Gonski, NDIS, pensions, health etc etc etc, are not lies or broken promises, but nothing more than the fault of Labor… WTF?
How convenient? 😯
Kaye Lee has written a great article on AIMN, about Abbott and Hockeys misleading figures.
And perversely, whilst the obligatory apoplectic LNP outrage, is most evident in the venom and bile that he unleashes at every opportunity, accompanied by the roiling thunderhead of, barely contained, feigned anger, on the “Economic Mismanagement” of the previous government, he still manages to defend the indefensible, in his calls for the scrapping of the “Carbon Tax” (price 😛 ) and the MRRT.
Now I’m no economist, (But then neither is Hockey… apparently?) but if you are calling for everyone to “Help do the “economic” heavy lifting”, why would you be;
- Trying to repeal the Carbon Price, which is adding substatially to the governments apparently dwindling coffers?
- Trying to repeal the MRRT, which is earning a few hundred million dollars, and with some tweaking could add considerably more to the coffers?
- Maintaining massive subsidies for the minerals sector and the big end of town?
- Stubbornly sticking to your stupid and inequitable PPL scheme, while cutting funding for child care services, which is the REAL area of need for supporting working families, as opposed to paying them to have more kids that most will NOT be able to afford to have in child care, putting the lie to your claims of it helping productivity and participation rates for working women/mothers?
- Supporting huge wage increases for politicians?
- Encouraging state governments to “Recycle”, read bargain basement sell off, of publicly owned assets, which are currently paying dividends to said state coffers, and which would invariably further add to the already spiralling cost of living pressures, which BTW, you PROMISED to ease? 😯
Why then, given the glaring holes in your arguments, would you expect that the “average” australian voter will happily watch as their elderly parents, grandparents, disabled children and partners etc, who in many if not most cases are already living at subsistence levels, take further hits to their ability to clothe and feed themselves, and pay their bills?
The fact is, we live in a very rich country that is being raped and pillaged for the sake of mega profits for a handful, while the majority live week to week and hand to mouth.
So before you systematically tear down this country’s economy and societal fabric, in the name of blind, right wing ideology, look to the failures and lessons of the past and learn from them, instead of cyclically repeating them ad-infinitum.
Get away from this unhealthy obsession with surpluses, and the pretence that you, despite all the evidence to the contrary, still believe in the “Trickle down effect”, which only serves to increase the every widening disparity between the “Haves” and the “Have nots”.
So Joe, stop lying about the economy, and the reasons for the cuts!
And if you are still determined to further marginalise the poorest and most vulnerable in our society, whilst trashing our economy and our country, at least have the guts to be honest, and tell them/us the real reasons why; when you, your LNP mates and supporters are doing very nicely thank you, you are telling us:
So, we’ve all got to help do the heavy lifting?… W…T…F?