When only the “Truth” will do!
When is a lie, not a lie?
Well apparently when it’s an Abbott/LNP lie! 😯
But it’s OK, cos Abbott has discovered a rather unique way of addressing dishonesty when confronted with questions about his lying ways… he just tells another lie, denying that the first one was in fact a lie at all; regardless of written and/or video evidence to the contrary… WTF?
Of course, I should add the disclaimer that; his “Rather unique” way of dealing with said questions, is only rather unique to “real” Adults, as for kids, it’s fairly common for them to lie to cover their arses! 😯
The inherent problems with telling a lie are;
- You have to keep telling bigger and better lies to cover the first.
- You have to have a good memory.
- You have to make sure that everyone involved in telling or supporting the same lie, know the story and relevant, concocted “Facts”.
- You have to be careful to make sure that there is no evidence to prove you lied, or that you are currently lying!
And apart from the inherent problems with lying, Abbott himself has set the definition bar for lies so low, with his claim that Julia Gillard lied about the “Carbon Tax”, which was in itself a lie.
Abbott’s definition of a lie/lying includes;
- No premeditation.
- No valid reasons for changing your mind.
- No excuses for breaking election promises.
- Anything that benefits the ALP.
- Anything said by anyone other than an LNP source.
- It’s a lie if Abbott says it is. (Which means that it’s probably closer to the truth than anything Abbott himself says 😯 )
And sadly, due to their “Winning” government on the back of the massive propaganda campaign, aided and abetted by our largely MIA MSM, based on lies, deception and fear mongering, the LNP now seem totally incapable of telling the truth, to the point that they are looking more and more pathological by the day. 😯
But in a rare fit of provoked honesty, “treasurer”( and I use the term with tongue firmly planted in cheek), Sloppy Joe Hockey, exposed the real reasons behind their austerity drive, and the unprovoked attack on the poorest and most vulnerable of Australian society.
The tell all line, for me, was when pressed to name a G20 country that was doing as well
as Australia, Hockey came up with this;
“I don’t accept, I don’t accept the basis of your question which assumes that it’s OK for us to under perform “our benchmark”
So there we have it, it’s not about;
- Being in a bad economic state, cos we’re obviously not!
- Going by the world wide benchmarks that gave us the much vaunted AAA rating from all three rating agencies?
- What the world recognised as a great treasurer and government that took bold steps to insulate us from most of the effects of the GFC!
- Good fiscal management, and “Repairing” the so called “damage” of the aforementioned treasurer and government.
So why are our pensioners under attack?
Pure ideology… “OUR benchmark”!
So, the heavy lifting that Hockey is expecting “All” of us to undertake is;
- Not for the good of the country.
- Not for any real budget emergency.
- Not to stop us becoming the “Spain” of the Asia Pacific.
- Not to make us a more decent and equitable society.
He also used the term “Under perform” prior to “Our benchmark”… WTF?
Sloppy Joe, (and I do mean SLOPPY), it’s very convenient to wave your own benchmarks, as the standard set, but what are they?
- Maybe the widely acclaimed?… Oh wait, that’s condemned, Direct Action policy 😉 With the bar set so low, on CC, that we went from leader to laughingstock in short order 😦
- Maybe the purchase of A “Joint” strike force fighter, that is now a “solo” strike force fighter, cos the other part of the “Joint” has been discontinued. And again the benchmark set for expensive military hardware is a multi billion $ flock of flying lemons?
- Maybe it’s your 3rd world NBN? Now that bench mark couldn’t be much lower!
- Maybe it’s your middle class welfare PPL scheme, that takes $5 + billion out of a budget that is supposedly in a state of “Emergency”, and hands the lions share to the wealthy, while cutting funds and support for the real area of need for encouraging women to return to the workforce… CHILDCARE!
- Maybe it’s your ability to scream blue murder about Debt, and then immediately abolish the debt ceiling and add $68 billion to our “Debt Crisis”… WTF? … BTW, double standards doesn’t mean twice as good? 😯
The truth is that your record for setting “The Benchmark” on pretty much everything so far, is nothing short of appalling, and consequently it’s easy to make sure you don’t “Under perform”, simply by setting the bar so low (which is evidenced by the examples above) and the irony being that our economy was, until recently, “The Benchmark” that many developed countries measured their own economic state against.
So the questions is “Why are you expecting the poorest and most vulnerable in our society, to sacrifice what little they have, to help you fund your rabid right wing ideological benchmark, of handing out billions of $’s in Middle Class welfare, along with Mining Magnate and Mogul welfare, whilst making it easier for them to rape the land and the tax payers for even greater profits. 👿
And so I would suggest that at this time in our country’s history, probably more than ever, it’s a time;
When only the “truth” will do!