As I watched the lying Turdball in QT taking his usual dishonest and arrogant approach to his portfolio, quoting his own brand of rubbery figures to show that they are the ones to deliver 25 mbs, (WTF? what happened to 100mbs or even 50 mbs?) And his report telling us that most households will be happy with, and only need 15mbs, a few things occurred to me.
Why is it then that it’s perfectly fine and reasonable to provide the citizenry of Aus, with the third worlds best practice broadband 😯 , when;
- He’ll happily invest his own money, in first world fibre to the premises. 😈
- Abbott, is spending millions, on an armoured Beemers, when for a few grand, he could have bought decommissioned “armoured personnel carriers”. 😛
- They are spending billions on a “Joint” Strike force plane with big ?’s over its abilities to… well… fly amongst other things 😯
- They are spending billions on road infrastructure, for the 20th century, even though we’re in the 21st century???
- Abbott is buying a bigger and better executive airliner to carry all his rich mates around the world with him? WTF? 😡
- Abbott’s “signature policy”, is a gold plated PPL scheme to predominantly benefit the people who need it the least?
- They are spending millions on Royal Commissions, which are nothing more than political payback? 😈
And the waste and mismanagement just goes on and on and on…
So why is it that when it comes to the LNP, who are employed by us to do what’s in the best interests of the country and its people, we are told we have to tighten our belts and go economy class, while the LNP fat cats and their mates go first class at our expense?
The truth is that although the 7 examples above are cited with tongue somewhat in cheek, if and when Turnbull, for example, goes to buy or lease a new car, his personal priorities would dictate which brand and type of vehicle would be most suitable.
Now we know that dear old Malcolm, doesn’t suffer the financial constraints that the vast majority suffer, and I don’t claim to know what car/cars he owns, but I would venture to suggest that if he wanted:
A high performance sports car,
He could choose from;
- Subaru WRX STI premium, for around $60,000?
- BMW M5 for around $230,000?
- Any Aston Martin, Range around; $230,000 – $510,000?
- Audi R8 up to around $400.000 ?
- Bentley, up to around $665.000 ?
- Ferrari, range around $460.000 – $700.000 ?
To name but a few, so hands up who thinks he’d buy something like
A safe luxury sedan,
- Volvo from around $60.000 ?
- Mercedes S class, Range $200.000 – $400.000 ?
- Bentley $450.000 – $670.000 ?
- Rolls Royce $610.000 – $1,020,000 ?
In his place, would you choose the Volvo ?
- Great Wall X200 for around $26.000 ?
- BMW X5 range $83.000 – $150.000 ?
- Mercedes GL class range $ 130.000 – $220.000 ?
- Range Rover range $170.000 – $240.00 ?
Would he even consider the “Great Wall” option?
A small runabout,
- Chery J3 around $16.000 ?
- Mini range $27.000 – 40.000 ?
- Volvo V40 around $40.000 ?
- Mercedes A class around $40.000 ?
- BMW 1 series around $40.000 ?
Would the Chery get a look in? 😉
The reason that I have made these comparisons, is that if you compare the price difference, between the cheapest brand in each category, and the brands someone like Turnbull would consider, you can clearly see that the better options are in almost all cases at least double the cheapest option, and in most cases much more than double, and in some cases up to a factor of 10 or more.
And if the safety and security of your family was at stake, and you could afford it, I have no doubt that you too would happily pay that premium to future proof your loved ones, giving them the comfort, safety, security and piece of mind that comes with the latest and best technology.
So the question is why, in the age of communication, when Australia is one of the richest countries on the planet, with extremely low levels of debt (despite Abbott and Hockey’s best efforts to prove we have burgeoning debt, by pretty much doubling it in 12 months), we cant buy the best available for the sake of future proofing our country’s communication technologies?
Or to go back to my car analogy, why are we being given a “Chery J3, while the rest of the world are driving a Merc S class or similar?
And Malcolm, why is it that for you and your LNP “mates” ❓ , it’s nothing but the most expensive and best, yet “When… it comes to Australia… Only tin cans and a string will do?”