So when the minister for ‘Self’ Defence, David Johnston, says (My paraphrase) the Australian government owned ship builders(ASC) ‘couldn’t be trusted to build a canoe’: According to the LNP lexicon he wasn’t;
- being rude and offensive. 😛
- Denigrating the company and workers. 😡
- being a typical arrogant LNP ARSE! 😈
He was merely exercising a Rhetorical Flourish! WTF? 😯
Now I have to admit that I thought he was just being a typically, rude, offensive, arrogant LNP arse… but that’s just me 😉
Others obviously thought…
- “Ooh… what a spectacular “Rhetorical Flourish.”
- Now there’s something we need more of in politics… The old “Rhetorical Flourish!”
- He could have been very offensive… but he wasn’t because of his masterful use of the “Rhetorical Flourish?
But when we can get past the rhetorical flourish of… “The Rhetorical Flourish” 😉 there are still the very real questions of;
- Is it becoming of the Minister of Defence to be denigrating our own ship building and servicing capabilities, with a view to justifying the governments decision to buy our new submarine fleet from Japan?
- Why would a government who says they want to create 1 million Aussie jobs send them all overseas?
- Why would you not be prepared to pay more for the locally made product, when you know that the vast majority of the money that you spend will stay here in our own country employing Australians, and stimulating our economy, instead of someone else’s?
- What exactly did you sign us up for, with this FTA with Japan, not to mention with Korea and China, and the upcoming TPP?
- Shouldn’t the minister suffer at least some level of censure, over his comments, if not something stronger, like a “rhetorical flourish” to the back of the head. 😯 or just a plain old fashioned sacking!
But let’s face, idiot boy– “Shirtfront Putin… You bet you wil… I will… somebody will… Maybe?”– couldn’t lead a horse to water, much less lead our country, so expecting him to take a “leaders” position, and sack an incompetent minister is like expecting him to… tell the truth, 😯 and we all know that ain’t gonna happen 😦
And besides, if he was going to start sacking LNP incompetents, then he’d have to start by sacking the biggest incompetent of a band of state of the art incompetents… himself 😯 and we all know that ain’t gonna happen! 😡
So sadly, until we are blessed with a new election, we are stuck with Abbott and his mendacious mob of miscreants, and although there is talk of a reshuffle, and whisperings of leadership challenges, at this stage in the “game”, “the money” is still behind Abbott, and the LNP always go where the money is; in this case, like lemmings heading for the cliff!
And even if the money turns and bites Abbott, we will still be stuck with the LNP, just under a new (and I use the term loosely) leader? ❓
But with the Vic elections out of the way, and a one term LNP government summarily dismissed, and elections in QLD and NSW sometime in the first half of next year, set to slam the door on a couple more, all being well, and Australia’s ignominious “tea party” experiment set for, and fully deserving of, a similarly ignominious demise, Abbott and the LNP should be very worried! 😉
And I have to say that each time Abbott or one of his cronies come up with another stupid slogan or excuse, and start another cycle on repeat, the public are becoming more and more cynical. 😯 and less and less interested. 🙄
And for any LNP voters that may have strayed into my little part of the blogosphere, let me just say that telling the world that the ASC “couldn’t build a canoe”, IS NOT a “Rhetorical Flourish”, but simply an incredibly stupid and insulting thing for any government minister to say, and much more so when it’s the Minister for Defence. 😈
And in conclusion; Abbott and the LNP are nothing more than a dishonest, dysfunctional, dishonourable, disgusting and thoroughly despicable bunch of self serving nut-jobs, who’s only plan for the future, is a plan for their own future wealth, and that of their rich mates, at the expense of the sick, the elderly, the young, the working poor and our great country! 👿
Now that’s… A Rhetorical Flourish!