So that’s the budget we have to have! 😯
What a bloody joke this alleged government is!
As I watched QT on Wednesday after the budget release, and saw Bronnie “Helmet Hair” Bitch-chops, further trashing the office of speaker, along with parliamentary process and whatever credibility this criminally/pathetically dishonest and incompetent government had left, all I could do was yell at the TV 😡
Primarily at someone, anyone, to shut that stupid and thoroughly dishonest, despicable and corrupt speaker up, followed quickly thereafter by expletives directed to said lying, incompetent and corrupt speaker!
Then I started swearing at Shorten and the opposition front bench, as they tried, somewhat valiantly, but in vain, to make her listen to the rules that she as speaker is there to uphold and enforce, along with the integrity of the chamber! 😡
I was swearing out of frustration, as Abbott, Hockey, Pyne et al were allowed to lie and abuse the standing orders, and parliamentary protocols totally unfettered, while perfectly legitimate points of order were summarily dismissed, with nary a second thought. 😡
At one point I was sure that someone from the ALP would call for a no confidence vote against Bitch-chops, at the very least… But nothing! 😯 which made me even madder. 😡 😡
So while Abbott’s mob of mendacious miscreants, carry on their merry way, trashing any remaining semblance of democracy that we may have, the question I keep asking myself is; “Why have a question time at all with this mob?”
I mean, it’s horribly frustrating for me as an observer 😡 , so how much more for the opposition who have to sit and listen to the lies and bullshit with no right of reply?
And all over Sloppy Joe’s attempt at keeping his own and Abbott’s jobs… Cos that’s what this “budget”, and I use the term loosely, is all about 😯
It’s a document that needs to be held on to, cos if you drop it on the ground, it’s so full of Hockey’s rubbery figures and spin, that it will either defy gravity and take off into the ether, or just simply… bounce away 😯
I then saw another example of what a waste of time QT is on Thursday, which was the last sitting day of the “Budget” session 😯 before they head off once more. 🙄
And despite the expectation of at least something from the budget, and the subsequent discussions, to set the agenda for the future of our country, I was left wondering… WTF was that?
I mean really, WTF was that ❓
So in one fell swoop, what we got was a 180° turn around on;
- PPL, from a solid gold scheme that was Abbott’s “signature” policy, to accusations of double-dipping and rorting, from the masters of double-dipping and rorting, for women who used the current scheme as it was not only intended to be used, but was enshrined in legislation. 😯 Followed closely by revelations that two of the architects of the policy’s wives were, by their own twisted standards, rorters and double-dippers. 😉
- Depreciation write offs and tax cuts for small businesses, which, if memory serves, the LNP railed against, and voted against, when the previous government tried to introduce similar legislation. 😯 They then tried to claim the moral high ground for doing it now… WTF? 😕
- Waiting times for the dole, cutting them from six months, to one month for the young unemployed, thinking that we’ll all agree that they’ve been listening, and applaud them for their great generosity… NOT! 🙄
- The alleged “debt and deficit disaster” which despite 4 + years of scaremongering and lies, has magically disappeared back into the LNP fairy land from whence it once emerged… 😯
- And the list goes on…
They played, shuffle the dollars and responsibility, for childcare and pensions, pitching one group against another, in the fight for the pittance proffered, and once more rearranged the deck chairs on the good ship LNP Titanic 🙄
Now the truth is that much of the last failed budget was repackaged into this one, as blackmail, for passing the “sweeteners”; which is already causing issues for the cross benches, as the LNP’ers true agenda bubbles away just below the surface, and their mendacious machinations start to unravel on this pathetic document, even before the bloody ink’s dry 🙄
And as we wave a fond farewell to the much anticipated budget week, the sad realities for me are that;
- The highlight of the week was Shorten’s reply speech, where for once he did display some level of passion, in his own inimitably dispassionate way 🙄
- Our democracy took another hit, from the mendacious, incompetent and corrupt speaker of the house 😈
- The government once again displayed their ability to be hypocritically self serving, totally dishonest, and in reality a NON-government! 😯
- What they produced was not a budget at all, but a barely economic, and primarily political document that’s not worth the paper it’s written on, and;
The greatest backflip… So far!
For anyone that didn’t get to see Shorten’s budget reply speech, here it is.