Who said it couldn’t get any crazier?
I mean really, the joke that is this government, has taken blatant political stupidity, to heights even I never thought possible 😯
And with desperation oozing from every open sore and orifice of Abbott and his mendacious mob of miscreants, and the MSM completely ignoring the fact that they seem to have completely lost the plot, one can only assume, and hope, that we are being primed for an early election! 🙄
I started writing this a couple of weeks ago, inspired by Bronnies efforts in QT, and the continued political attacks on Gillian Triggs, but health problems forced me to put it on hold. 😦
But the truth is that in that time, it got even crazier 😯
Now I’ve heard it suggested that what’s happening is that while Abbott keeps throwing punches at Bill Shorten, he’s made himself such a small target that Abbott keeps missing Bill altogether, and punching himself in the head, instead!
Well I have to agree, that’s how it appears 😯 , but I’m not sure that even that can account for the gross lies and stupidity of the last couple of weeks. ❓
I have to say at this point, Abbott reminds me of the old joke of the Irish hijacker, who walks into the cockpit of a plane, sticks a gun to his own temple and says “Take me to Dublin, or I’ll blow my head off!” Then, when the pilot starts laughing, the hijacker says “Don’t you laugh… You’ll be next!” 🙄
But I digress… Somewhat 😉
Now, as someone who’s watched Abbott since the early days of his career in politics, and identified him from the outset, as nothing more than a political thug, his rise to the top was at first something of a surprise 😯 but I have since realised, it’s nothing more than the political equivalent of “Scum always floats to the surface”. 😯
Which is really a good analogy for Abbott’s tenure as PM; as like the blue green algae/scum, that clogs ponds and streams, starving them of sunlight and oxygen, and killing off the life beneath, so is Abbott and his iteration of the LNP strangling the life and stealing the oxygen out of the future of this country for the sake of blind ideology and blatant self interest. 😈
And once again… I digress 😯
But not content with what we’ve come to recognise as normal stupidity, for the LNP’ers, now we have the ludicrous spectacle of this mob of mendacious miscreants pointing the finger of guilt directly at themselves as supporting terrorists by their apparent financing of people smugglers 😯
Now from the earliest days of “Operation Sovereign Bugger-ups”, Abbott, Bishop et al have claimed ad-infinitum that they would break the “People Smugglers” business model and “Stop the boats”!
They claimed that:
- People smuggling was an evil trade 👿
- People smugglers were supporting ISIS 😈
- Anyone paying a people smuggler, was helping to support terrorism! 😯
And their “public” reasoning for stopping the boats, was that it was all about the humanity of stopping the drownings at sea, which even those with half a brain knew, was clearly not their main, or even their secondary motivation. cos if that were the case, they would have at least considered the “Malaysian Solution” as a viable option… But they dismissed it out of hand on the basis of the most spurious of excuses, as we all know! 😡
Well it appears now that even though they have claimed to stop the boats, they clearly haven’t, as one was sent back to Indonesia, and crashed into a reef, only last week. 😯 And not only was it sent back, it appears that it was sent back with the captain and crew handed wads of cash from Australian officials, with the message that they are naughty, naughty boys, and shouldn’t do it again 😯 😯
And even though initially we saw the minister for immigration, border protection and zombies, Piecer Mutton, flatly deny the allegations, followed quickly thereafter by the minister for foreign relationship stuff ups and dirty looks, Jules Bitch-chops, do the same, Abbott refused to do anything other than throw fuel on the speculation fire. 🙄
And now the aforementioned ministers have decided that they can n0 longer maintain their previous denials, in line with Abbott’s lack of denials, on the grounds that they don’t want to give out information that may advantage our “Enemies”… WTF? ❓
The one thing that we can be sure of though, is that despite the LNP’ers assertions that they won’t give the people smugglers an advantage by discussing “On water matters” etc, the people smugglers know a damned sight more about what’s going on, with this pathetic excuse for an Australian government and their border protection policies, than Australians do! 😯
And if Abbott and his mendacious mob of miscreants honestly believe that their refusal to answer questions is anything other than reinforcing the belief that payments were made, then they are more stupid than even I give them credit for. 🙄
I would now encourage the Senate, if it has any guts at all, to demand that the government answer ALL relevant questions relating to this issue, and exercise the “Blackmail” precedents set by the LNP, in refusing to even discuss, consider or vote on government legislation, until the people of Australia (Their employers) get the answers they have a right to get. 😡
And the questions are;
- Were payments made to the captain and crew of an asylum seeker boat? and if so…
- Exactly how much of tax payer funds have been handed over?
- Who knew that this was happening?
- Who authorised said payments?
- How long has this been going on?
- Will the ministers (Dutton, Bishop and Brandis) that originally denied that payments were made, and those that authorised such payments, be sacked and prosecuted under commonwealth laws relating to people smuggling?
- Why would anyone, in their right mind, believe that paying people smugglers was a good idea, and a useful tool in “Breaking their business model”, as opposed to an attractive option for “Evil criminals” to double, triple or even quadruple dip, at taxpayers expense?
- How can Abbott and the LNP continue to lie to the people of Australia about the alleged “success” of their border protection policies, and stopping the boats, when they have clearly not stopped, as they are still turning them back, by force or bribery?
- How can Abbott continue to claim that they’ve stopped the deaths at sea, as opposed to just stopped the information about how many boats have been turned, towed or bribed and sent back, making it impossible to compare numbers that have actually made it back?
- Who said it couldn’t get any crazier?