WTF were they thinking?
The start of the year has been, by anyones measure, a right royal stuff up for Abbott and his mendacious mob of miscreants. :wink:
It started as the previous year finished, with many of their budget measures held up in the senate due to the unfair nature of their born to rule policies and rabid right ideologies, based not on what’s in the best interests of the nation, but what’s in the best interests of the big end of town, the out of town corporations, the LNP donors, and as is becoming clearer by the minute, their own personal self interest.
Now the irony is that many within the LNP are realising that what’s good for the aforementioned rich mates,corporations and blatant self interest of the few, isn’t quite so good for the party itself, as their polling tanks, and even though the latest Newspoll shows a 3% spike in LNP stocks :shock: , in general terms they either can’t, or won’t, fudge the figures sufficiently, to make them look even remotely better than disastrous. :shock: while the Fairfax Ipsos poll makes more of an effort with a very respectable (albeit unbelievable) 6% jump over the very weekend when Idiot Boy and George Braindead tries to put the boot into Gillian Triggs and the HRC, over the “Children in detention” report. :shock: And the question once again rears its ugly head… WTF were they thinking? :?:
The myriad problems that they have, are not, as they would have us believe, the fault of the previous administration (Labor), but purely of their own making.
Now many commentators, even in the MSM. have identified Abbott’s lack of ability to transition from LOTO to PM as a major problem, and I agree up to a point, but I would suggest that it’s more about his own firm, albeit misguided, belief that it’s his destiny to be one of the ruling elite, and as a consequence, incapable of making wrong , bad or just plain stupid decisions!
I call it the “Thick as a brick” syndrome, based on the song of the same name, and the line; “And your wise men don’t know how it feels, to be thick as a brick” :wink:
Most politicians from both sides of politics suffer this syndrome from time to time, and in varying degrees, but this current crop of nut-jobs led by the mendacious Abbott, have turned it into an art-form! :shock:
They spent all their years in opposition telling us a pack of lies, and coming up with, what they thought were, clever slogans, whilst outsourcing policy production and direction to the rabid right IPA (WTF were they thinking? O_o ). The end result being that they were totally unprepared for government, and made “policy on the run” announcements that most referred to as Abbott’s “Brain farts”. :roll:
I certainly wont waste time going over the plethora of broken promises, that have already been widely canvased, but there is one that demands further attention, as it was obviously a lie, for the sole purpose of securing votes. :shock:
When David Johnston promised there would be twelve subs built in SA, there was no ambiguity in his words. Then we had the aforementioned Johnston as Minister for defence, state that ASC couldn’t be trusted to build a canoe! :shock:
Now most thought at the time… “WTF was he thinking”, or words to that effect (amongst other things :wink: )
But as it turns out, it appears that he was just softening us up for the inevitable backflip, as Abbott made some kind of deal with Shinzo Abe to make the subs in Japan; either a personal assurance, or an agreement as some kind of condition for the signing of the FTA with Japan. The truth is that this promise was made, as were most other Abbott pre-election promises, out of pure political expediency (The end justifies the means :shock: )
And in the last few months (since the start of the year) we’ve seen, in no particular order;
- Abbott finally after 6+ years and two elections drop his gold plated “Signature PPL” scheme, like the steaming pile of excrement that it always was. :roll:
- Abbott do the reshuffle of the cabinet/deck chairs on the Titanic. :wink:
- the new minister for health, Susan Ley, take their grossly unpopular “GP co-payment” from a “Price” signal to a “Value” signal, to a full reenactment of the demise of the Dodo, with Abbott declaring it, like the old chestnut “Workchoices”, Dead, Buried and Cremated. :roll: (Yeah right :wink: )
- Abbott exercising his true leadership credentials, by making another disastrous “Captains Pick”, and Knighting Prince Phillip O_o :/
- A spill motion called, where there was no challenger, but still around 40% of MP’s voting for it… :shock:
- Scott Morrison trying to reinvent himself as… well… Human? O_o
- Turdball busily putting lipstick on the sty of pigs that is his portfolio disaster. :roll: while trying hard not to look like the backstabbing arsehole that he is, but still trying to look like the PM in waiting, after someone else does all the dirty work, and the party begs him to get them out of the shit that is of their own making :mrgreen:
- Abbott exercising more of his own particular style of “Pugilist” deplomacy O_o o_O
- Chrissy Pyne still trying to sell his Higher Education “reforms”, that no-one’s buying :shock:
- Abbott and Braindead, attacking the integrity of Gillian Triggs, for producing a report that they claim is a political stitch-up, that isn’t, whilst themselves producing the five year “Intergenerational report”, that is so blatantly a political stitch-up that it positively reeks of Hockeynomics (Read right wing nut-job bullshit!) :shock:
- Abbott hitting the reset button so hard, so many times, that his greatest achievement is breaking the reset button, without actually resetting… Anything! :shock:
This list is by no means exhaustive, but a mere snapshot of the LNP’s special kind of stupid O_o o_O :/ , and a preview of what we can expect for the year ahead :shock:
So here we are in March, with the lunatics still running the asylum, Bronnie still trashing the office of speaker, Abbott and his mendacious mob of miscreants still blaming Labor for… everything, and taking responsibility for nothing, whilst the MSM are torn between their continued support for the man that they’re responsible for getting elected, and their need to distance themselves from… The man that they’re responsible for getting elected :wink:
And it’s only March :?: :shock:
So the question remains… “WTF were they thinking?”
And the answer is:
Apart from gross self interest… NOT BLOODY MUCH! :shock: